Melbourne pest inspections
In Melbourne, termites, wood borers, fungal decay and mould are very common. And unfortunately in many cases they go unnoticed until they have caused significant and costly damage to your property.
But aside from causing significant damage, they can also be a big threat to your health and well being.
Protect your health and your property
Because of the risk that pests present for both your property and your health and safety, it is advisable to have a pest inspection done on your property every two years. This will not only give you peace of mind but prevent costly problems in the future.
Within 24 hours of your Melbourne pest inspection we will send you a written report that details:
- any pests activity or live nests that are present
- evidence of past pest activity
- your properties susceptibility to pest issues and infestation
- recommended works to address or prevent pest activity.
Our Pest and Termite Inspection is conducted in full compliance with Australian Standard 4349.3
Your PPI Pest Inspection
Your pest inspector will not only identify if pests are present, they will also look for live nests, past activity and any conditions that are likely to lead to pest issues. During our Melbourne pest inspections, our pest inspectors inspect:
The interior of your property
- Identify mould in wet areas since these can be possible havens for termites and wood borers.
- Check for leaks from water and drainage pipes. Dampness encourages termite infestation.
- Use Thermal Imaging Technology to examine exposed timber for indications of infestation.
The exterior of your property:
- Identify any plumbing features that could release water, including plumbing that is located too close to the outer walls of the property.
- Check ventilation airflow points are not obstructed by garden beds and that drainage is adequate and correctly located for pest prevention.
- Inspect boundary fences, trees or outbuildings are for evidence of termite infestation.
- Assess areas to be kept dry and clean for prevention of future water ingress.
- Ensure overflow pipes are kept well away from the exterior walls of the premises
- Investigation of this structurally vital element of the house – the internal roof structure.
- We ensure adequate ventilation is present and that moisture content is at acceptable levels.
- Report on any waste material that has been left behind that may attract an infestation.
- As with the roof, it is vital that moisture and ventilation levels are verified, and ensure obstructions are reported upon that could encourage future infestations.
- Any indications of water leakage from the wet areas will be included as an important preventative measure.
- Adequate drainage and weep hole ventilation in brickwork are highlighted where required in the report. Soil build-ups or other obstructions can also bring about conditions leading to infestation
At PPI we recommend Katsarida for all pest management services